Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Impressions

Hey all

I'm sitting in the Miami airport now playing cards and people watching (easy on the glitter, Miami) while we wait for our flight to Lima in 8 hours. I thought this would be a good time to get a first post up and send out the link. My friends and family have all asked to stay updated on my summer in Peru for the next 8 weeks, but seeing as I'm a really sicknasty human being, I have way too many friends keep everyone up to speed. Enter BLOG. Since getting internet connection in Urubamba may entail holding a clothes hanger up in a lightning storm, I will be confirming my continued existence by means of this blog in lieu of sending 65 emails everytime the clouds roll in. 

In all seriousness though, I think this is going to be a great tool for me to let you all know what I'm up to and to help me document and remember my experiences, my spiritual growth, and the people I meet. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to take this trip and so grateful to the people who have made it possible (here's lookin at you, Duke) (and also you, Mom and Dad). It is going to be a great summer, and I'm fully committed to giving it my whole self. 

Saying adiĆ³s to America...see you all in 8 weeks! 


A.P.S. (Awkward Post Script) - just realized I have been laying on the arm of the man behind me for the past several minutes. Awkward, indeed. At least in Peru I will have cultural differences to blame my social ineptitude on?

1 comment:

  1. you've been given such an amazing opportunity and i cannot wait to read ALLLLL about it! I love you so much and I'm going to miss you a TON but i know that what you're doing is perfect for you right now! All I ask is to please be VERY safe, don't want anything to happen to you!!! SOOO now I'm waiting for you to call me...slowly falling asleep so hopefully you call soon, if not I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and have an amazing time! Take in as much as you can from this experience and take a lot of pictures. xoxoxoox and safe travels

    ReplyDelete